- Does the pediatrician over treat your child for simple ailments, running a battery of tests that rack up your bills? Being treated with medication for the sniffles is not good for the health of your child or your wallet.
- Does the pediatrician get upset when you seek a second opinion? Your pediatrician should be open-minded and comfortable with you seeking other opinions. It’s your child and you need to do what is best.
- Does the pediatrician make you feel uncomfortable or stupid when you ask for additional details? Your pediatrician should never make your feel like your questions or concerns are unnecessary. You are paying your pediatrician to be an advisor, not to insult you.
- Does the staff make you feel uncomfortable when you call with concerns or emergencies? The staff is their to make you feel more comfortable and at ease.
- Do you or your child feel uncomfortable with the pediatrician's bedside manner? Bedside manner is so important. You want your child to have good experiences with physicians at an early age so there is no anxiety issues in the long-run.
- Does the pediatrician seem unwilling to listen to your concerns? A big part of being a good physician is listening. If your pediatrician jumps to conclusions without listening to you, it could be detrimental to your child’s treatment.
By: Sheneq Aranda