Last night was absolutely exhausting. This morning was worse! My son had a nightmare about 1 hour after he fell asleep. My hubby and I took turns holding him because he screamed each time we would put him back to bed. He said he was scared. This is extremely unusual so we just wanted to comfort him as much as possible. Thankfully, we still have our very comfy rocking chair! We purchased the Best Home Furnishing Storytime Series for our nursery and it has to have been one of the best investments ever!
- Swivels - I can turn the chair to avoid sunlight from the window if necessary
- Recliner - Perfect for sleeping in babies room when you don’t have space for an extra bed for yourself. It reclines, but doesn’t convert unto a completely flat bed making it safer.
- Colors - LOVE the neutral color selection
I would highly suggest a comfy chair as a nursery must-have. You never know when you may have to sit in it for hours! Take the following into consideration when purchasing a rocker or glider:
- Check for safety. Can tiny hands get caught in crevasses?
- Is it comfortable enough to sit in with a baby for hours or even all night if necessary?
- Is it comfortable for you spouse or caregiver?
- Does it easily fit in your nursery space?
- Is there an ottoman or foot rest? Putting your feet up is a must-have feature whether nursing, sleeping or just cuddling.
- Choose a color and style that you like. You’ll be looking at it for a while so make sure it’s easy on your eyes!
- Can you use it for another child or reupholster it so that you can keep it long-term?